Life is full of busyness. Meetings, getting the kids to school, doctor’s appointments, sports practices, school plays, and so much more. It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day.
One of the newest concepts I’ve put into practice is living with intention. Each week when I’m looking at my planner to see all of my commitments, I set an intention for something I’d like to do every day. The intention is small but meaningful. Some examples may include:
- Walk for 30 minutes every day
- Meditate for 10 minutes every day
- Skip desserts this week
- Work out 5 days this week
- Read for 20 minutes every day
- Don’t buy anything unnecessary this week (even coffee!)
I’m sure you can think of many more. The idea is to focus your energy on your intention each week to promote small, positive changes in your behaviors or lifestyle. You may be surprised at how one small change can lead to big results.